1. that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
2. a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
3. a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
4. the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
5. the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
6. to overwhelm; defeat.
7. take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
8. To stun; overwhelm: The very idea floored me.